The beginning of the year is a great time to get your closets organized, but sometimes the task feels overwhelming. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Take one closet or area at a time. Don’t try to tackle your whole house at once. Start with the area that’s bothering you the most and get that in tip-top shape before moving to the next area.
- Have fun while you’re cleaning. Play your favorite music or an audio book to help bring some added entertainment to the task.
- Try three piles. Take out each item and decide which category it goes into: keep, give away, or throw away. For your keep pile, grab a laundry basket and fill it with the items you can’t part with. For the give away pile, use sturdy shopping bags to gather items that can be given to a friend or a local thrift shop. The trash pile is going to need one or two garbage bags, so be sure to get those before you get started on your project.
- Invest in shelving and containers that work for you. Organize your items in a way that works for you, not you force yourself into. You’ll be more likely to maintain a neat space when it is laid out the way you like it.
- You don’t have to get rid of everything. Just because you’re cleaning things out doesn’t mean you have to say “farewell” to some of your favorite items. Storage Crib has closet-sized storage spaces for your totes or larger units for furniture and other big items.
Call us today at 765-529-2585 to schedule a personal tour. We’ll help you find a space that’s perfect for your storage needs.